09 June 2008

He's in the Peace Park!

Well, just as I arrived at the Peace Park in Hiroshima, here comes a whole group of offically dressed people and, sure enough, the Honourable Kevin Rudd MP, Prime Minister of Australia, is in the middle of the group.

Took a few snap shots within a few meters. Handed a note to his chief of staff, so I suppose he'll get it. Afterwards, met the driver of the car Kevin Rudd drove in. We swapped business cards and took a few photos of the car.

Media was a bit crazy (probably like usual), especially when Kevin Rudd stood in front of the A-bomb dome, the most famous building in Hiroshima and a reminder of the destruction caused by the atomic bomb. I heard one person say, "That was a bit of a scrum."

Anyway, interesting and surprising to meet my Prime Minister (at last a few meters away) in the city I live in overseas.

No comments: